Stories & Image Library
The Arts Find Their Place in University Place - For a city of less than nine square miles, you might say University Place is an arts mecca. One doesn’t have to look far to see public art on full display in this tiny community.
- A Place for Everything Except a University (DOCX) -If you are looking for a university in University Place, there’s a secret you should know: This tiny 8.5-square-mile hamlet may be home to Chambers Bay, the world-class golf course that will host the 2015 U.S. Open, but learn here why you won’t find an institution of higher learning within its boundaries.
- Weather or Not (DOCX) - There’s a chance that when viewers tune in to see the world’s best golfers tee off for the U.S. Open at Chambers Bay, the Northwest will be doing its best to live up to its wet reputation. Native Northwesterners know that the rainy season often lasts from October until mid-July. But for hard-core golfers, including the locals who get to play Chambers Bay on a regular basis, it wouldn’t be a true links course if you weren’t battling the elements.
- Americana (DOCX) - From Duck Daze to the Apple Festival, U.P. is Americana in miniature. University Place residents are proud of their city and its small-town charm.
- The Vistas of Chambers Bay (DOCX) - The folks who work at Chambers Bay have the unique opportunity to enjoy its spectacular views every day. We asked them for their favorite vistas from the course that has been described as “America’s St. Andrews,” and they were excited to share their insights.
- Ladies on the Links (DOCX) - Chambers Bay attracts a growing segment of golfing enthusiasts: women. Some might say they are rare, but the women who do regularly play Chambers Bay appreciate the way the course gives them a great workout and are excited to show it off when the U.S. Open comes in 2015.
- Playground by the Sound (DOCX) - Although viewers around the world will spend most of their time looking at the links at Chambers Bay, the property is literally University Place’s playground, with hiking and biking trails, wildlife viewing, children’s play areas, beaches and more.
- Chambers Bay Golf Course
- Chambers Bay - Playground by the Sound
- Curran Apple Orchard
- Adriana Hess Wetland Park
- Homestead Park
- Kobayashi Park
- Day Island