- First and third Monday of each month
- 6:30 until 9 p.m.
- Should any meeting occur on a legal holiday, the meeting will be held at the same hour and place on the following Tuesday.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
|#1||Javier Figueroa||Mayor Pro Tem||2025||253.682.7379||Biography|
|#2||Kent Keel||Council Member||2023||253.878.8041||Biography|
|#4||Edward Wood||Council Member||2025||253.677.5707||Biography|
|#5||Denise McCluskey||Council Member||2025||253.878.8039||Biography|
|#6||Stan Flemming||Council Member||2023||253.566.5656||Biography|
|#7||Caroline Belleci||Council Member ||2023||253.878.8040||Biography|
About the Council
University Place is governed by a Council/Manager form of government. Each council member is directly elected by the citizens of University Place to serve a four-year term. Elections are held every two years and alternate between the seven-member council. The Mayor is elected by the Council from among its members for a two-year term and presides at City Council meetings.
The City Council establishes policy by enacting ordinances and resolutions determined to reflect the needs of the community. The Council:
- Appoints the City Manager
- Adopts the City budget
- Approves appropriations and contracts in the City's name
- Levies taxes
- Enacts franchises
Working closely with the Council are several Commissions and the City Manager.
- The Commissions, comprised of citizen volunteers, advise the City Council.
- The City Manager, appointed by the City Council, serves as the chief executive officer of the City, managing daily business by directing the work of the City Staff and enforcing the City’s laws.