Site Development & Right-of-Way Permits

Site Development Permits

A Site Development permit is required for any of the following activities:

  • Clearing
  • Grading or stockpiling
  • Constructing or modifying storm drainage facilities or drainage courses
  • Constructing or modifying roadways (including but not limited to sidewalks, curbs, gutters, bike lanes, planter strips, and street lighting)
  • Creating or modifying impervious surfaces
  • Any other activity that the Director determines may impact the right-of-way, adjacent properties, and/or sensitive areas

Right-of-Way Permits

Right-of-way permits are required for any work done in the City right-of-way. Projects may include a new driveway approach, trenching, sewer connection or other utilities installed within the City right-of-way. 


Along with the permit application, the applicant and/or contractor must supply a $5,000 street use bond or assignment of funds to guarantee the work is done to the City’s satisfaction and is maintained for a period of two years.

More Information

Visit our Applications and Forms page for checklists and applications specific to your project.