Miscellaneous Permit & Inspection Information
Electrical, water and sewer permits are provided by outside agencies.
|Agency||Type of Permits||Phone Number|
|Tacoma Public Utilities||Electrical Permits||253.502.8436|
|Tacoma Public Utilities||Water Permits||253.502.8247|
|Pierce County Utilities||Sewer Permits||253.798.4050|
Schedule an Inspection
To schedule a Building, Plumbing, Mechanical, or Fire inspection, call 253.460.2540 or email the Inspections Division. This is an automated message system. You will not receive a confirmation phone call. However, you will be notified if we cannot accommodate your requested date.
The inspector cannot call to set up a time with you. If you would like to make special arrangements, please contact Dean Bentley, Building Official at 253.460.2523 or via email between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m. on the morning of the scheduled inspection.
For fire inspections, email Rod Pearce, Fire Code Official, or 253.460.5439. Fire inspections are performed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays or by prearranged appointment with Fire Code Official.
Have the following information ready:
- Date of Inspection (Next business day inspection if scheduled prior to 3 p.m.)
- Permit Number (Found at the top of your permit)
- Site Address
- Type of Inspection
- Contact Name and Number (Best way to reach you during business hours)
- AM/PM Preference (Not guaranteed; as inspector schedule allows)
Inspections will not be performed (and you may be assessed re-inspection fees) if:
- The approved site copy of the permit/plans/inspection card is not on site and available to the inspector
- The site address is not clearly posted
- The inspector does not have access to the site or project
It is the responsibility of whomever is requesting an inspection to provide any special equipment (i.e. ladders) required to access any aspect of the project.
Changes or Issues With Your Inspection
Please email or call 253.460.5406 if any of the following occurs:
- You need to change or cancel an inspection (before it is scheduled to occur)
- Your scheduled inspection does not occur
- You have any additional questions about the inspection process
- To schedule a right-of-way or site development inspection, contact the engineering inspector at 253.460.5417.
- To schedule an electrical inspection, contact Tacoma Power at 253.502.8277.
- To schedule a sewer inspection, contact Pierce County Sewer at 253.798.4050.
- For Utilities Underground Location Center (Call before you dig), contact 800.424.5555.