Sewer & Septic Services

Pierce County Utilities provides the majority of sewer services to the City of University Place. The City itself does not provide sewer services. However, the City acts as a facilitator in resolving sewer problems throughout the City.
Approximately 1,800 or about 23% of the City's properties are not connected to a municipal sewer system. These properties have on-site septic systems governed by the Tacoma Pierce County Health Department.
For information regarding sewer services, please call Pierce County Utilities at 253.798.4050. For information regarding septic systems, please call Tacoma Pierce County Health Department at 253.798.6470.