Join your friends and community for great music, food and fun during the Curran Apple Orchard Summer Concert Series!
All concerts are FREE and take place on Thursday evenings from 6:30-8 p.m. Bring the whole family, blankets and picnics to enjoy while you listen! (Note: No alcohol allowed in City Parks).
- July 7 - The Thunderbirds
- The Thunderbirds is an all-star band of veteran Puget Sound area musicians that plays classic rock, soul, and blues. Lead vocalist Bobby Hoffman has fronted many bands and is known for his dynamic performing style.
- July 21 - Maia Santell and House Blend
- Maia Santell and House Blend are known around the Northwest as a premier dance band. They perform swing, jump blues, big band, rhythm and blues, Latin, variety, jazz 50s, 60s and 70s. They are sure to connect with the audience with their wide variety of tempos, rhythms, and styles for swing and ballroom.
- August 4 - Clave con Jazz
- Clave con Jazz is a five piece Latin jazz ensemble comprised of bass piano drums congas and a singer. The band plays Latin and Brazilian jazz. It’s not everyday that you get to hear these ultra groovy 1960s Brazilian chord progressions and syncopated beats.
- August 18 - Joint Base Lewis McChord New Orleans Brass Band (1Corp Army Band)
- Joint Base Lewis McChord New Orleans Brass Band (1Corp Army Band) will play the final concert of the season. This concert should not be missed for its upbeat and funky brassy goodness. Always ready and willing to play for our community, this band is sure not to disappoint.
Concerts in the Park occur at the Curran Apple Orchard, 3920 Grandview Dr. W., from 6:30 to 8 p.m. In case of inclement weather, concerts will relocate to the Curtis High School Cafeteria, 8425 40th St. West in University Place.
Thank you to CORE for bringing us this concert series! For more information, visit the Curran Orchard Resource Enthusiasts (CORE) website.