Incident: DUI Arrest – Location: 4000 Bridgeport Wy W
An officer was parked on the side of the road when a vehicle passed him at a high rate of speed. The officer noticed the vehicle was unable to maintain lane travel as it passed. The officer conducted a traffic stop which resulted in a DUI arrest. The arrestee was booked into the Pierce County Jail.
Incident: Unknown Trouble – Location: 5500 Bristonwood Dr W
Officers were dispatched to a trouble unknown. Responding officers contacted an individual who was actively violating a court order. The person was arrested and found to be in possession of a controlled substance. The arrestee was booked into the Pierce County Jail.
Incident: Warrant Arrest – Location: 3800 Bridgeport Wy W
Officers were dispatched to a shoplift in progress at Rite Aid. Multiple suspects left the store prior to the arrival of law enforcement. Officers located the suspects nearby and detained them without incident. Both suspects were trespassed from the Rite Aid. Officers learned one of the individuals had a felony warrant (Robbery 2). That individual was arrested and booked into jail.
News and Upcoming Events
Here are some good reminders from your public safety team as we enter shopping season:
Start thinking about package deliveries. Make a plan to avoid leaving packages on your porch for long periods of time. There are some great tips here BBB Tip: 6 steps to avoid package theft.
Stay safe when shopping by following these tips:
- Never display or carry large amounts of cash. Use checks, debit or credit cards.
- Use crossbody purses when possible. Keep wallets, cash, and credit cards in an inside pocket.
- Wrap a rubber band around your wallet to make it more difficult for people to grab it.
- Do not leave your purse unattended in a cart while shopping. Skilled thieves can take it away in seconds.
- Teach your children to ask a store clerk for help if they get separated from you and have a plan for what to do if you become separated.
- When returning to your car, put your phone away and pay attention to your surroundings. Keep your head on a swivel.
- Have your keys out and ready before you go to the parking lot.
- Always look inside your car before getting in. Once inside, lock all doors.
- Call 911 if you spot suspicious activity in the area.
Community Forum: Fentanyl Town Talk: What every parent & teen needs to know about fentanyl on Wednesday November 29, from 6-8 p.m. at the Curtis High School Theater.
Watch for the Safety Santa and his elves at Green Firs on Tuesday, December 5, from noon – 2 p.m. delivering public safety cheer.
Current Activity Report
|University Place Police Activity for the Period of 10/30/2023 through 11/12/2023
|All Total Reported Incidents (including those not listed above)
Selected Calls for Service
|Total Calls for Service
|Trend is based on five-year average for incidents over a two-week period.