COVID-19 Information & Resources
On March 16, 2020 the City of University Place declared a State of Emergency. We are working closely with local and state partners in monitoring the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- To stay up to date on the City's efforts relative to COVID-19 relief, sign up for the Headlines or watch the City Council Meetings live on UPTV or YouTube/UniversityPlaceTV.
- Visit Governor Jay Inslee's website or the Washington State Coronavirus Response website for statewide COVID-19 related resources, information and news.
General COVID-19 Assistance
If you are looking for COVID-related assistance in the following areas, please visit Human Services COVID-19 Help | Pierce County, WA - Official Website (piercecountywa.gov).
- Rental assistance
- Utility Assistance (water, electric, sewer, gas, garbage pickup, fuel oil, internet)
- Mortgage assistance
- Eviction resolution
- Homeless resources
- Developmental screenings
- Behavioral health services
- Support for older adults
- Food pantries
- Domestic abuse support
- Diaper bank
- State services
University Place families/residents who are seeking childcare can call the Child Care COVID-19 Communications, Response & Referral Center at 1.800.446.1114.
University Place parents can also seek assistance using the Child Care Subsidy Programs (CCSP) to help families to pay for quality child care through either:
- Working Connections Child Care (WCCC)
- Seasonal Child Care (SCC)
- 1.844.626.8687 - CCSP contact line for families
For information on COVID-19 vaccines, visit:
If you know persons who need help in scheduling a vaccine, please provide them the Pierce County Vaccine Call Center number of 253.798.8900.
Preparing for an Emergency
If you are looking for information about how you can prepare for an emergency, Pierce County has information you can use.
Washington 211 COVID-19 Call Center
Do you need information or answers to your questions and concerns about the novel coronavirus (COVID-19)? You can call 1-800-525-0127 or text 211-211 for help. You can also text the word “Coronavirus” to 211-211 to receive information and updates on your phone wherever you are. You will receive links to the latest information on COVID-19, including county-level updates, and resources for families, businesses, students, and more.