Site Development and Right-of-Way Permits

A Site Development permit is required for any of the following activities:
  1. Clearing
  2. Grading or stockpiling
  3. Constructing or modifying storm drainage facilities or drainage courses
  4. Constructing or modifying roadways (including but not limited to sidewalks, curbs, gutters, bike lanes, planter strips, and street lighting)
  5. Creating or modifying impervious surfaces
  6. Any other activity that the Director determines may impact the right-of-way, adjacent properties, and/or sensitive areas

Right-of-way permits are required for any work done in the City right-of-way. Projects may include a new driveway approach, trenching, sewer connection or other utilities installed within the City right-of-way. Along with the permit application, the applicant and/or contractor must supply a $5,000 street use bond or assignment of funds to guarantee the work is done to the City’s satisfaction and is maintained for a period of two years.

Visit our Applications and Forms page for checklists and applications specific to your project.