Animal Control

Animal Control Hours of Service:
Monday - Sunday, 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Call 253.798.7387, for emergencies after hours call 911
Animal Control responds to all domestic animal calls including lost or stray animals, found or injured animals, aggressive animals, abused animals, animal bites, barking dogs and leash law violations.
If you need to report a deceased animal on a roadway or city right-of-way, call public works at 253.460.6493.
If you have lost your pet please call animal control at 253.798.7387. You can also call the Pierce County Humane Society at 253.383.2733 and then "press 1". Found pets are also listed on their website at The Humane Society for Tacoma & Pierce County.
Wild Animals & Animal Control

Pierce County Animal Control Officers do not handle wild animals. Coyotes, opossums, and raccoons are just some of the many wildlife becoming more visible now that we are building structures in their natural habitat. If you encounter one of these wild animals please visit one of the links above to learn more about the animal and the management methods.

If you find a wild animal that you suspect may be injured, please contact the PAWS Wildlife Center at 425.787.2500 ext. 817. The Sarvey Wildlife Center is also available for assistance in the event that you find an injured wild animal. Their phone number is 360.435.4817. Please visit their website to see if they can assist you.
Found, stray or injured animals 253.798.7387
Chronic nuisance barking dogs 253.798.7387
Pet licensing 253.798.4251
Deceased animals on roadway or City right-of-way 253.460.6493
Wild animals (deer, raccoons, skunks, opossums & coyotes) 877.933.9847
Locating lost animals, turning in strays or found animals 253.383.2733
Deceased birds 253.798.6500
Junk vehicle hotline 253.798.4636